Monday 28 November 2011

Dancing With Myself: CHRIS REDDING interviews CHRIS REDDING


1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

When I was ten and got to read a story in front of class. When I finished, I knew in their eyes, for one moment, I wasn’t that socially awkward kid. It was a powerful moment.


2. How long have you been writing?

Since I was ten, but for publication only for 13 years.


3. Do you plot or do you write by the seat of your pants?

Seat of my pants. Watching my writing process is like watching Bode Miller ski. He’s probably going to make it down the hill in a fast time, but it won’t be pretty. That’s me!


4. What do you know now that you are published that you didn’t know pre-published that you wish you knew?

How much promotion there would be. It takes a lot of time.


5. How many rejections have you received?

Over 100.


6. What was the best writing advice anyone gave you?

This is advice for whomever has a dream. Do one thing every day to get closer to that dream.


7. Why did you pick the publisher that ultimately published your book?

They were open for submissions and a writer in my first writer’s group was really happy with them.


8. If you could ask your readers one question, what would it be?

What would you like me to write next?  Don't get me wrong; I have plenty of ideas.  I just don't know which to choose.

9. Tell me one thing about yourself that very few people know?

That I actually have feelings. Sometimes I don’t think people realize that.


10. If you have a day job, what is it? I teach CPR and I run the CPR training center for my boss.


Author Bio: Chris Redding lives in New Jersey with her husband, two kids, one dog and three rabbits. She graduated from Penn State with a degree in journalism and a minor in English. When she isn’t writing and doing workshops, she works part time for her local hospital.


Book Blurb Blonde Demolition:


YOU JUST CAN'T HIDE FROM THE PAST...
Mallory Sage lives in a small, idyllic town where nothing ever happens. Just the kind of life she has always wanted. No one, not even her fellow volunteer firefighters, knows about her past life as an agent for Homeland Security.


Former partner and lover, Trey McCrane, comes back into Mallory's life. He believes they made a great team once, and that they can do so again. Besides, they don't have much choice. Paul Stanley, a twisted killer and their old nemesis, is back.


Framed for a bombing and drawn together by necessity, Mallory and Trey go on the run and must learn to trust each other again―if they hope to survive. But Mallory has been hiding another secret, one that could destroy their relationship. And time is running out.

Other books by Chris Redding


Corpse Whisperer


The Drinking Game


Confessions: Volume One


Incendiary


A View to a Kilt


On the Web:
http://www.chrisreddingauthor.com/
http://chrisredddingauthor.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/chrisreddingauthor
www.twitter.com/chrisredding

1 comment: